Pipelines in Texas

Texas has been aggressively acquiring private land through condemnation to transport oil, natural gas, sewage and water across the state to accommodate the needs of a growing population and a recent surge in oil and gas production. Pipeline companies, unlike the transmission line utilities, are not required to file their projects with the Public Utilities Commission (PUC). Therefore this allows them to do business in a much more covert way, making it very difficult for us to track the active pipeline projects being built across the state. Below is a list of some of pipeline projects and companies operating and building in Texas.

Pipeline Projects in Texas

Blackfin Pipeline
Matterhorn Express Pipeline
Rio Bravo Pipeline
Permian Highway Pipeline
Aspen Midstream Pipeline
North Texas Municipal Lake Project

EPIC NGL Pipeline

Whistler Pipeline
Permian Global Access Pipeline

Pipeline Companies in Texas

Anadarko Petroleum Corporation
Atmos Energy
BridgeTex Pipeline
Chesapeake Midstream Partners, L.P
DCP Midstream, LLC
Eagle Ford Midstream, LP
Enbridge Pipelines, LP
Energy Transfer Partners, LP
Enterprise Products Partners, LP
Gulf South Pipeline Company, LP
Keystone XL Pipeline
Kinder Morgan Tejas Pipeline, LLC
Lone Star NGL, LLC
Magellan Midstream Partners, LP
NET Midstream
Occidental Petroleum Corporation (Oxy)
Plains All American Pipeline, L.P.
Regency Energy Partners, LP
Sunoco Pipeline, LP
Texana Pipeline Company, LLC
Texas Express Pipeline, LLC
TransCanada Keystone Pipeline, LP
Valero Terminaling and Distribution Company

If you have been contacted by any of these companies or their subsidiary, please contact us immediately. The important thing to remember is that even if you’ve received a letter from a condemnation entity informing you of their intentions, this does not mean that it’s a done deal. There are many ways to influence the condemnation process to ensure that your wants and needs are met, but it’s important that you involve knowledgeable professionals that can help guide you through the process. Please contact us today to schedule a free, 30-minute consultation to learn more about how Braun & Gresham, PLLC can help protect your land.

1 Comment

  1. Gene C Walker
    November 28, 2018

    Re: OneOak Arbuckle II NGL Pipeline. I own 300 acres in South Parker County near the settlement area known as Tin Top. The new pipeline is planned to cross my property for a total run of about 2000 ft. This will be a LARGE NGL line 30in diameter. The line will run thru wooded and native grass fields near the Brazos River which I front 1000ft. My land is in effect a wildlife refuge.
    We have agreed on the alignment. They were quite cooperative on this. The total Permanent easement sought is about 2.3acres for which they have offered $64,000. I am considering asking $125,000 for a 25year easement (accept $100,000) with clear provision for 5year renewals at prices indexed to the TAM Rural Land Values Index for the LMA 23 area. I am negotiable on money – a little – but I have two other items that will take a jury trial and court order to get me to sign. The easement is for One Pipeline with one communication channel and IT CANNOT BE PERMANENT.

    The special factor in this case is that the entire property is subject to a Perpetual Conservation Easement which I granted in 2007 to the Nature Conservancy. The NC is in effect my partner with a 40% interest and I own the remaining 60% so we have to agree and coordinate our positions. Their legal dept is considering my proposals. Section 183.057 of the Texas Natural Resources Code gives us some nuisance protection to delay and pressure OneOak. The allowed hearings have NOT been held. I have made it clear to OneOak that I do not want their pipeline and do not need money. My only response to their offer was to say the money was too little and the NC and I will be taking some time to respond. OneOak is unaware of my total opposition to a Permanent easement and several other “boiler plate” changes I would make to their self-serving terms. The only document I have signed gave them permission to survey.

    Considering my partnership with the NC and their resources is there any thing you can bring to the table to justify the added expense? I am willing to spend money but not without benefit and I will never agree to Permanency. GW

Leave a Reply

You must be logged in to post a comment.

Call Now
Directions
X