Brazoria County, in cooperation with TxDOT, is proposing to widen CR 59 from CR 48 to Kirby Drive in Brazoria County, Texas. The purpose of the proposed project is to improve mobility and bring the roadway up to current design and safety standards.
- Widen from two to four lanes (two in each direction)
- Add a raised concrete median
- Construct a 10-foot wide shared use path with pedestrian ramps on the north side of the roadway
- Construct a redesigned open ditch drainage system
- Construct a detention pond
The proposed improvements would require approximately 17 acres of additional right of way (eight acres for the roadway and nine acres for the detention pond) and would potentially require the displacement of one outbuilding.
- A Public hearing is anticipated to be held mid 2019
- Finalize environmental studies
- Begin ROW acquisition in fall of 2019
Texas has been aggressively acquiring private land through condemnation for transportation projects across the state to accommodate the needs of a growing population. If you have been contacted by TxDOT or any of their representatives, please contact us immediately. The important thing to remember is that even if you’ve received a letter in the mail from a condemnation entity informing you of their intentions, this does not mean that it’s a done deal. There are many ways to influence the condemnation process to ensure that your wants and needs are met, but it’s important that you involve knowledgeable professionals that can help guide you through the process.