The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Austin District is proposing to realign FM 973 in a new location between US 290 and SH 130 in east-central Travis County.
The purpose of the proposed project is to improve mobility and connectivity, and provide additional roadway capacity to meet future traffic demands due to population growth. Various alignment alternatives have been evaluated with the goal of upgrading the existing FM 973 and realigning the roadway around the city of Manor.
The proposed project would:
- Extend for approximately 5.6 miles between US 290 and SH 130
- Consist of four travel lanes (two in each direction) separated by a grassy median, with turn lanes in various locations
- Include a shared-use path
- Include a typical right-of-way width of 200 feet
- Require between 71 and 122 acres of right of way
Texas has been aggressively acquiring private land through condemnation for transportation projects across the state to accommodate the needs of a growing population. If you have been contacted by TxDOT or any of their representatives, please contact us immediately. The important thing to remember is that even if you’ve received a letter in the mail from a condemnation entity informing you of their intentions, this does not mean that it’s a done deal. There are many ways to influence the condemnation process to ensure that your wants and needs are met, but it’s important that you involve knowledgeable professionals that can help guide you through the process.