The I-35 Capital Express Central project is located in the central region of the Austin metropolitan area for a distance of approximately 8 miles along I-35 between US 290 East and SH 71/Ben White Boulevard.
The proposed improvements include removing the existing I-35 decks, lowering the roadway, and adding two non-tolled high-occupancy vehicle managed lanes in each direction along I-35 from US 290 East to SH 71/Ben White Boulevard. The latest proposed improvements also include “caps” of green space that would go over the lowered roadway, and would include pedestrian and biking trails.
- Affected Texas County: Travis
- Estimated Construction Cost: $4.9 billion
- Proposed Timeline:
- Fall 2021- Summer 2022: Environmental study being conducted
- Winter 2022 – 2023: Preferred alternative is made available and input is gathered during public hearing
- Summer 2023: Environmental study is complete and selected alternative is decided
- Late 2025: Anticipated construction start
Are you an impacted landowner?
Time is of the essence when your property is going be taken in condemnation. Do not wait until it is too late to learn about your rights.
To schedule a 30-minute consultation with one of our condemnation attorneys, please complete the form below or call (512) 894-5426.
The Braun & Gresham Condemnation Team:
At Braun & Gresham, our attorneys can help you before, during, and after the taking of your land. We will advise you on the best course of action and not only help you get full market value, but also help you protect the aspects you love most.
For more information about the project, or to learn about your rights in the condemnation process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (512) 894-5426.