The Texas Department of Transportation in partnership with Kendall County and the City of Boerne, is conducting the Kendall Gateway Study, a feasibility study that has been undertaken to identify potential alternatives to relieve traffic congestion in Kendall County and City of Boerne. The Kendall Gateway Study was created by a joint resolution between Kendall County and the City of Boerne. The primary goal of the study is to identify solutions that could provide improved mobility as the area continues to grow. The study area is within Kendall County, Texas.
Key elements of the study include the following:
- Engage study area stakeholders, public and other agencies about transportation problems and possible solutions
- Inventory existing transportation system features, environmental resources, traffic origin and destination, operating conditions, and safety issues
- Analyze current and future traffic forecasts and travel demand modeling
- Develop conceptual transportation improvements and cost estimates, and identify potential effects and cost-benefit for each improvement
- Provide a Feasibility Study Report at the conclusion of the study to document study data, methodology, results, recommendations, and an implementation plan
Texas has been aggressively acquiring private land through condemnation for transportation projects across the state to accommodate the needs of a growing population. If you have been contacted by TxDOT or any of their representatives, please contact us immediately. The important thing to remember is that even if you’ve received a letter in the mail from a condemnation entity informing you of their intentions, this does not mean that it’s a done deal. There are many ways to influence the condemnation process to ensure that your wants and needs are met, but it’s important that you involve knowledgeable professionals that can help guide you through the process.