Williamson County conducted a study to develop a plan for improvements for Sam Bass Road between RM 1431 and Wyoming Springs Drive, referred to as Corridor H.
Improvements for Sam Bass Road include reconstructing as a three-lane road, adding a shared-use path for bicycle and pedestrian use, and making intersection improvements.
Fall 2020 – Intersection Improvements:
- At RM 1431 – Restripe center lane to allow for through traffic and a second left turn lane. Signal modifications will be made to accommodate the additional left turn lane.
- At Great Oaks Drive – Install temporary traffic signals to replace stop sign.*
- At Walsh Ranch Boulevard – Install temporary traffic signals to replace stop sign.*
- *Permanent traffic signals will be installed with three-lane road construction.
Early to mid-2022 – Sam Bass Road Improvements
- Construct three-lane road and shared-use path. Anticipated completion in 2023.
Braun & Gresham attorneys can help.
Texas has been aggressively acquiring private land through condemnation for transportation projects across the state to accommodate the needs of a growing population. If you have been contacted by TxDOT or any of their representatives, please contact us by calling (512) 894-5426 or filling out the form below.
The important thing to remember is that even if you’ve received a letter in the mail from a condemnation entity informing you of their intentions, this does not mean that it’s a done deal. There are many ways to influence the condemnation process to ensure that your wants and needs are met, but it’s important that you involve knowledgeable professionals that can help guide you through the process.