The Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) Laredo District is proposing improvements to US 59 Loop (commonly referred to as “Bob Bullock Loop) corridor between the International Boulevard and the US 59/Loop 20 intersection.
It is anticipated that approximately 182-acres of additional right-of-way would be needed from east of International Boulevard to the existing US 59/Loop 20 Interchange.
- Three mainlanes in each direction.
- Construction of three-lane frontage roads on each side of the mainlanes.
- Elevating the mainlanes over the major street crossings including Airport Drive, Jacaman Road, University Boulevard, Del Mar Boulevard and Shiloh Road.
- Constructing sidewalks on each side and a bicycle path adjacent to the east-side frontage road.
- This project will integrate with the International Boulevard project that is under construction and the near future construction project of installing the Loop mainlanes over the I-35 and the Union-Pacific Railroad line. The mainlanes over McPherson Road would also be completed with those two projects.
Braun & Gresham attorneys can help.
Texas has been aggressively acquiring private land through condemnation for transportation projects across the state to accommodate the needs of a growing population. If you have been contacted by TxDOT or any of their representatives, please contact us by calling (512) 894-5426 or filling out the form below.
The important thing to remember is that even if you’ve received a letter in the mail from a condemnation entity informing you of their intentions, this does not mean that it’s a done deal. There are many ways to influence the condemnation process to ensure that your wants and needs are met, but it’s important that you involve knowledgeable professionals that can help guide you through the process.